As I reflect on the websites I have perused through this course, the international contact I was able to make and the podcasts I listened to, I have come to the realization that the early childhood profession has much to do to increase awareness and services of the early childhood field.
Three consequences that I have encountered as a result of these contacts and increased knowledge of international issues are:
1. Experiencing a sense of helplessness as I realize the complexity of issues affecting children and their families on a worldwide scale.
2. Educators in different parts of the world are experiencing the same stresses I am experiencing such as overworked professionals unable to receive the professional support they need.
3. Connecting to an international contact was difficult and time consuming and I was only able to contact one international educator.
My one goal to strengthen international awareness would be to use my international contact to create a network of international eduator contacts so that we could share information about trends and issues that we are experiencing in the early childhood and other education fields.
I really valued the information I received from my international contact and look forward to making more international contacts to help give me a better perspective of what is happening in education around the world.
I appreciate your efforts in establishing an international contact because it was very difficult and I was unable to do so. I agree with you, after exploring international sites, I too became very overwhelmed and felt like the issues in early childhood are only more widespread and complicated around the world. This is a daunting issue but it takes people like you and a commitment for anything to ever be accomplished. Thank you for your posts this semester, I always enjoy reading your blog.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your thoughtful comments. I appreciate your positive feedback and wish you much success as you pursue your studies!
DeleteNicolette
Hello,
ReplyDeleteI'd like to take the time to personally thank you for your comments and posts during the past eight weeks. Your ideas are always sound and well presented. I want you take deep breaths and realize that even though exploring international issues reveal the extent of the work still needing to be addressed, you should also keep in mind the large number of individuals who are committed to the field and have no intention of quitting thus allowing you a large pool of resources. As a result, you should not feel helpless but empowered to be equipped with knowledge and supported by other committed early childhood professionals. Feel free to add me to your arsenal because I am sure to reach out should I ever need it.
Thank you for your thoughts
Annie P.
Annie,
DeleteThank you very much for your kind and encouraging words. I do have to take alot of deep breaths sometimes when I start to pursue something I am passionate about. I will definitely keep you in mind as a resource as that is the most exciting part of my master's program; being able to network with so many early childhood professional. Continued success to you in your studies!
Nicolette
Thank you so much for the blog posts during these past eight weeks. I have enjoyed reading all of them. I admire you for your desire to keep in touch with your international contacts. The work that you are doing does not go unnoticed. Please continue to strive for excellence.
ReplyDeleteAmber
Amber,
ReplyDeleteThank you for all of your supportive and encouraging words! I always look forward to your stories and comments. Your stories about your son are always inspiring to me as well as how strong of an advocate you are for him!
Continued success in your studies and hope to see you again in class soon!
Nicolette